Sunday, January 21, 2007

My week in René Pape; Susan Graham's French program

I just returned from Jordan Hall in Boston, where Susan Graham and Malcolm Martineau presented an intelligent program of exquisite French songs. Last week I was lucky to be in New York for the Toscanini tribute at Avery Fisher Hall, and in Miami for the Cleveland Orchestra's inaugural concert at Miami's Carnival Center, where the orchestra has launched a new subscription series.

Details to come. A bit of news: Susan Graham mentioned backstage that she will open the Boston Symphony's 2007-08 season this fall with Ravel's "Shéhérazade."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

>>Last week I was lucky to be in New York for the Toscanini tribute at Avery Fisher Hall

Of the kosmos, you amaze me. There's just no stopping you! I'm so happy you got over to Avery Fisher. I saw reports from the local PBS channel that it was a special evening...